Monday, September 6, 2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake














I got this recipe from my sister's friend Meghan. It was super easy and so good. I made it for our Labor Day picnic with the family.

Ingredients:
Box of Oreos
1 gal mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 regular sized container of cool whip
Hershey's syrup

Directions:
Place all the Oreo cookies in a gallon ziplock bag. Crush with a rolling pin. Set a few tablespoons aside to sprinkle on top of the cake. Line a 9x13 baking dish with the crushed cookies. Then spoon the ice cream across the cookies. (**I actually made this right when I came home from the grocery store, so the ice cream was soft enough to spread.) I used the entire container of ice cream. Top with the entire container of Cool Whip. Spread to cover the ice cream. Drizzle Hershey's syrup on top of Cool Whip. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Freeze overnight.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment