Monday, September 20, 2010

BBQ Chicken Salad














I love BBQ sauce...can you tell? I always post recipes with BBQ in the title! LOL! Tonight I made this delish salad. It was great because I prepped all the ingredients yesterday. So, tonight I just tossed them in two bowls and voila! Dinner is served!

Ingredients:
Chopped romaine lettuce
canned corn, drained
black beans, drained and rinsed
cucumber
tomato
red onion
cooked chicken (I used rotisserie...my fav!)
avocado
shredded Mexican cheese
BBQ sauce
tortilla strips
Ranch dressing

Directions:
I cleaned and prepared all the items above the night before and chilled in the fridge. I chopped up everything and put in separate containers. When ready to serve, I lined my large salad bowls with the lettuce. Then I added a few tablespoons of all the vegetables. Before I added the chicken, I mixed the chicken with the BBQ sauce. I topped the salads with the shredded chicken covered in sauce. Top with some cheese and the tortilla strips. Toss in Ranch dressing and drizzle BBQ sauce. Corn bread would make a nice side. I didn't have any tonight. So my hubby made a hot dog. :)

Recipe courtesy of Nicole Dygdon and Kristen Lezza.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment