Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sneaky Banana Bread


I'm really struggling with table foods for Jack. He does really well with purees that I make or baby food purees store bought. No problem. But when he has to feed himself steamed vegetable chunks, no thank you. He loves pancakes and blueberry muffins, so when I came across this recipe for banana bread made with cauliflower, I thought I'd give it a try. He loves it! Jack shoves it right in his mouth! He even says Mmmmm!


Ingredients:
3/4 c. wheat flour
1/2 c. flour (I didn't have wheat flour, so I used 1 and 1/4 c flour)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 egg whites
1 1/2 c. banana puree 1/2 c. cauliflower puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Directions:

I used my wonderful baby cooker to steam and puree the cauliflower and puree bananas.

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Into a medium bowl sift together wheat flour, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.

In a large bowl, beat together sugar and oil until well combined. Beat in egg whites, banana puree, cauliflower puree, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients gradually until just combined.

Spray a large loaf pan with nonstick spray.

Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour, until the middle of the top is "set."

Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.gretchencooks.com
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Ben gives this bread 2 thumbs up!!! He enjoyed it all weekend :)

    ReplyDelete