Monday, June 20, 2011

Avocado-Cheese Sandwiches


This kids' dish is a great change of pace from good ol' PB & J. I got the recipe for the avocado-cheese spread from my baby cookbook. Jack gobbled it right up. ;) I served this with homemade sweet potato fries.

Ingredients:
avocado, 1/2 large (about 1/3 cup)
light cream cheese, 1/3 cup
whole wheat bread

Directions:
1. Mask ripe avocado with a fork until smooth.
2. Add cream cheese and mash together.
3. Spread onto a slice of bread and if need be cut into small pieces.

This makes quite a lot. I saved the leftovers by placing spread in a plastic bowl. I covered it with press and seal wrap right on the spread and then covered with lid. I am hoping it will keep for tomorrow.


Recipe courtesy of Cooking for Baby
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment