Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Crunch


Here's a real simple and delicious dish to make as a gift, to bring to a Christmas party, or to enjoy yourself!

Ingredients:
Rice Chex
Butter Popcorn
Pretzels
Red and Green M-n-M's
1 pkg of European Style Candy Coating-Vanilla Flavor
Holiday sprinkles
wax or parchment paper

Directions:
This recipe was adapted from Wheat Foods. I did not use exact measurements but referred to the Wheat Foods webpage to gauge measurements. My sis-in-law Shannon who gave me the recipe and the Holiday Crunch suggested Meijer's vanilla candy coating. So that is what I used. It would be cute to find holiday shaped pretzels. I didn't see any at Meijer. I also used microwave pop corn.

1. Pour the cereal, pretzels, popcorn, and M-n-M's into a large bowl. Mix.
2. Heat the candy coating in microwave according to directions.
3. Slowly pour the coating over the dry ingredients and mix until all coating is in the bowl.
4. Pour the mixture on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
5. Sprinkle with Holiday Sprinkles right away before place in fridge.
6. Cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Break into pieces and enjoy!

My version of Holiday Crunch courtesy of Shannon Csorba. Recipe adapted from Wheat Foods.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment