Friday, November 9, 2012

Taco Salad

This taco salad was found on the Life as a Lofthouse blog that I'm a follower of. I made this dish for dinner the other night. It is very similar to a salad my sister-in-law Shannon makes for parties. Her sald is one of my favorites, so when I came across this recipe, I knew we'd like it. It is a little bit different from hers but I was still a fan.

1 lb lean ground beef
1 (1.25 oz.) package of taco seasoning
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
1/2 c water
1-2 heads of chopped iceberg lettuce
1 large bag nacho cheese Doritos

Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, olives (I didn't use), Catalina dressing
Directions:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown and crumble. Drain grease.

Add taco seasoning, black beans, tomato sauce, and water to the ground beef. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and thickened slightly. Remove from heat.

On 4 individual plates, add the chopped lettuce and 1/2-1 cup of the crushed Doritos chips. Divide meat mixture over each bed of lettuce and chips. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!

Recipe courtesy of lifeasalofthouse blog. Check it out. Lots of great recipes!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment