Monday, October 3, 2011

Parmesan Bowtie Skillet

I'm not exactly sure where I got this recipe from. I found the recipe on the back of some scrap paper that I copied down from somewhere. I found it with all my cook books this weekend while packing. I thought I'd try this dish and add some hot Italian sausage to spice it up. ;) Brian, my food critic, said it was definitely a repeater.

Ingredients:
3 cups of bow tie (farfalle) pasta, cooked and drained
1 14oz jar of spaghetti sauce
1/2 c ricotta
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 package ground Italian sausage (I used hot)

Directions:
1. While I cooked the pasta, I browned the sausage. Drain and set aside.
2. Combine cooked pasta, spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese in a skillet. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and add sausage.
3. Cook ten minutes.
4. Remove from heat. You can sprinkle with extra mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese depending on your liking.

Serving suggestion: Garlic bread and/or a side salad

Makes enough for leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment